U T Dallas

Transfer Credit

Students in classroom

Course Credit

If you have taken college coursework outside of UT Dallas, you can search the Transfer Equivalencies by the institution you attended to determine how your courses could potentially transfer into UT Dallas. Generally, college coursework requires a completion grade of C (2.0 on a 4.0 point scale) or higher to be considered for transfer credit.

Transfer Plans provide an outline of the recommended coursework offered at Texas community colleges for each UT Dallas degree program.

Some degree programs offer credit for applied sciences and applied technology coursework. Please note: if a student transfers majors at UT Dallas, some transfer credits from applied sciences and applied technology degrees might not be applicable to the new major. The University of Texas at Dallas does not offer credit for developmental or remedial studies, nor does it grant credit for prior experiential learning. For full policies, see the undergraduate catalog.

Review example four-year-degree plans

Credit By Exam

Credit can be awarded after admission for exams taken through Advanced Placement (AP), the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or the International Baccalaureate Program (IB).

UT Dallas course equivalency charts for exam scores are included below, and your academic advisor can assist you in petitioning for credit after admission to UT Dallas.

AP Credit Equivalency Chart
CLEP Credit Equivalency Chart
IB Credit Equivalency Chart

As credit is awarded after admission, credit by exam is not considered as part of an applicant’s transferable GPA or transfer hours for admissions. Official scores must be sent directly to UT Dallas from the testing agency and only scores from exams taken within the past 10 years will be considered for credit. AP scores included in the College Board format on an official high school transcript can also be considered for credit.

College Credit for Military Service

Military veterans who enroll at UT Dallas and meet certain requirements are eligible to receive undergraduate college credit for the time they spent in the service. Eligible veterans who enroll at the University receive college credit for up to twelve semester credit hours of lower division elective coursework. Additional details regarding military credit awarded after admission are available in the undergraduate catalog.

If you have additional questions regarding your transfer coursework, please contact the Office of Admission and Enrollment.

The University of Texas at Dallas | Office of Admission and Enrollment 1-972-883-2270
Student Services Bldg | 800 W. Campbell Rd, Richardson, TX 75080-3021 1-800-889-2443